|Prof. Konstantin Beznosov
LERSSE founder and director
PhD Student (2019)
Research interests: Service design, UX/ UI design, HCI research, design for older adults, usable security and privacy, IoT services, information design
Current projects: HOTrust
PhD Student (2017)
Research interests: Usable security and privacy, smart home security and privacy, information sharing, data security and cryptography
Current projects: Information tracking solutions during pandemic
PhD Student (2017)
Research interests: Data and network security, smartphone security, human computer interaction, machine learning.
Current projects: Usable implicit authentication for smartphones
PhD Student (2017)
Research interests: Usable security and privacy, user research, UX design, privacy in social networks, HCI, UI design, designing for people
Current projects: The security of mass telecommuting
PhD Student (2017)
Research interests: Crypto-assets, blockchain security, usable security and privacy, user research, HCI
Current projects: Research on crypto-assets
- Dr. Nalin Asanka, Associate Lecturer at University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Dr. Hyoungshick Kim, 2013, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea.
- Dr. Kirstie Hawkey, 2010, Assistant Professor in Computer Science, Dalhousie University, NS, Canada.
- Dr. Kasia Muldner, 2008, Assistant Professor, Institute of Cognitive Science at Carleton University, Canada.
- Dr. Primal Wijesekera (co-supervised with Serge Egelman, ICSI), 2018, dissertation “Contextual Permission Models for Better Privacy Protection.”
- Dr. Ildar Muslukhov, 2018, dissertation “Analysis of Data-At-Rest Security In Smartphones.”
- Dr. Yazan Boshmaf (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), 2015, dissertation “Security Analysis of Malicious Socialbots on the Web,” Software Engineer at Hootsuite Labs, Canada.
- Dr. Pooya Jaferian, 2014, thesis “User-centered design of identity and access management systems,” Full Stack Software Engineer at Hootsuite Labs, Canada.
- Dr. San-Tsai Sun, 2013, thesis “Towards Improving the Usability and Security of Web Single Sign-On Systems,” Senior Information Security Consultant in Global Information Security Risk at HSBC.
- Dr. Qiang Wei, 2009, thesis “Towards Improving the Availability and Performance of Enterprise Authorization Systems“, VP of IT, China Construction Bank (CCB) International, Hong Kong.
Master of Applied Science (with refereed publications and thesis)
- Salma Kashani (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), thesis “Privacy on Social Networking Sites Among Canadian Teenagers“, 2019.
- Lina Qiu, thesis “Advancing the Understanding of Android Unlocking and Usage“, 2018.
- Wali Usmani (co-supervised with Ivan Beschastnikh), 2017.
- Sadegh Torabi, 2016, thesis “Towards understanding users’ motivation to share health information on Facebook,” Ph.D. student at Concordia University.
- Ivan Cherapau, 2015, thesis “Towards understanding how Touch ID impacts users’ authentication secrets selection for iPhone lock.”
- Hootan Rashitan, 2014, thesis “Towards understanding how users decide about friendship requests in Online Social Networks,” Ph.D. student at UBC.
- Andreas Sotirakopoulos, 2011, thesis “Influencing User Password Choice Through Peer Pressure,” Software Engineer and Systems Administrator, VoiceWeb.
- Sara Motiee, 2011, thesis “Towards Supporting Users in Assessing the Risk in Privilege Elevation,” Software Development Engineer, Microsoft.
- Kyle Zeeuwen (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), 2011, thesis “Optimizing Re-Evaluation of Malware Distribution Networks,” Software Engineer at Sophos.
- Fahimeh Raja, 2011, thesis “Towards Improving the Usability of Personal Firewalls,” Project Manager, Microsoft.
- Pranab Kini, 2010, “Towards Improving the Performance of Enterprise Authorization Systems using Speculative Authorization,” Software developer at AeroInfo Systems, a Boeing Company.
- Wesam Darwish, 2009, “Analysis of ANSI RBAC Support in Commercial Middleware,” Principal Software Engineer at AdvancedIO Systems.
- Rodrigo Werlinger, 2008, “Challenges, Collaborative Interactions, and Diagnosis Performed by IT Security Practitioners: An Empirical Study,” IT consultant, Telefonica Chile, formerly CTC (Company de Telefonos de Chile).
- Yong (James) Song, 2004, “Multiple-Channel Security Model and Its Implementation over SSL,” Database Engineer at Datawave Services Inc.
Exchange Ph.D. students
- Ahmed Mahfouz, 2015, Minia University, Egypt.
Exchange Masters Students
- Andrea Cuadros, 2015, “Android Rooting Methods,” Universitat PolitÃ´lcnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
- Fabrizio Monticelli, 2008, “Creation and Evaluation of SQL Injection Security Tools,” IT Innovation Lab of Motion Global, Shanghai, China.
- Dr. Mathias Kohler, 2005, “A Method for Assessing the Trustworthiness of an Entity by Cooperating Authorities,” Researcher at SAP.
Master of Engineering (no thesis)
- Kai X, 2010. Developer at Electronic Arts, Canada.
- Kartik Markandan, 2008, graduation project “A Study of Security Administration Errors,” Analyst with the Government of Canada.
- Ming-Che (Johnson) Tsai, 2006, “SaamViz – Visualizer for SAAM,” Software Engineer with Electronic Arts.
- Johnson Lee, 2006, “Promising Developments in Key Management for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Project Manager, CGTV Games.
- Oliver Zheng, USRA 2009 summer student, Software Development Engineer, Microsoft.
- Levi Stoddard, USRA 2009 summer student.
- André R. Gagné, 2008, Masters student at SFU.
- Jeanette Tsang, 2005, consultant in Security & Privacy team of Deloitte & Touche LLP (London).