Prof. Konstantin (Kosta) Beznosov, LERSSE founder and director.
- Julian H. Benavides | LinkedIn | Github | Personal
- Yue Huang
- Masoud Mehrabi Koushki
- Borke Obada-Obieh
- Artemij Voskobojnikov
- Dr. Nalin Asanka, Associate Lecturer at University of New South Wales, Australia.
- Dr. Hyoungshick Kim, 2013, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Republic of Korea.
- Kirstie Hawkey, 2010, Assistant Professor in Computer Science, Dalhousie University, NS, Canada.
- Kasia Muldner, 2008, Assistant Professor, Institute of Cognitive Science at Carleton University, Canada.
- Yazan Boshmaf (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), 2015, dissertation “Security Analysis of Malicious Socialbots on the Web,” Software Engineer at Hootsuite Labs, Canada.
- Pooya Jaferian, 2014, thesis “User-centered design of identity and access management systems,” Full Stack Software Engineer at Hootsuite Labs, Canada.
- San-Tsai Sun, 2013, thesis “Towards Improving the Usability and Security of Web Single Sign-On Systems,” Senior Information Security Consultant in Global Information Security Risk at HSBC.
- Qiang Wei, 2009, thesis “Towards Improving the Availability and Performance of Enterprise Authorization Systems“, VP of IT, China Construction Bank (CCB) International, Hong Kong.
- Primal Wijesekera (co-supervised with Serge Egelman, ICSI), thesis “Contextual Permission Models for Better Privacy Protection“, 2018.
- Ildar Muslukhov, thesis “Analysis of Data-At-Rest Security In Smartphones“, 2018.
Master of Applied Science (with refereed publications and thesis)
- Sadegh Torabi, 2016, thesis “Towards understanding users’ motivation to share health information on Facebook,” Ph.D. student at Concordia University.
- Ivan Cherapau, 2015, thesis “Towards understanding how Touch ID impacts users’ authentication secrets selection for iPhone lock.”
- Hootan Rashitan, 2014, thesis “Towards understanding how users decide about friendship requests in Online Social Networks,” Ph.D. student at UBC.
- Andreas Sotirakopoulos, 2011, thesis “Influencing User Password Choice Through Peer Pressure,” Software Engineer and Systems Administrator, VoiceWeb.
- Sara Motiee, 2011, thesis “Towards Supporting Users in Assessing the Risk in Privilege Elevation,” Software Development Engineer, Microsoft.
- Kyle Zeeuwen (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), 2011, thesis “Optimizing Re-Evaluation of Malware Distribution Networks,” Software Engineer at Sophos.
- Fahimeh Raja, 2011, thesis “Towards Improving the Usability of Personal Firewalls,” Project Manager, Microsoft.
- Pranab Kini, 2010, “Towards Improving the Performance of Enterprise Authorization Systems using Speculative Authorization,” Software developer at AeroInfo Systems, a Boeing Company.
- Wesam Darwish, 2009, “Analysis of ANSI RBAC Support in Commercial Middleware,” Principal Software Engineer at AdvancedIO Systems.
- Rodrigo Werlinger, 2008, “Challenges, Collaborative Interactions, and Diagnosis Performed by IT Security Practitioners: An Empirical Study,” IT consultant, Telefonica Chile, formerly CTC (Company de Telefonos de Chile).
- Yong (James) Song, 2004, “Multiple-Channel Security Model and Its Implementation over SSL,” Database Engineer at Datawave Services Inc.
- Wali Usmani (co-supervised with Ivan Beschastnikh), 2017.
- Lina Qiu, thesis “Advancing the Understanding of Android Unlocking and Usage“, 2018.
- Salma Koshani (co-supervised with Matei Ripeanu), thesis “Privacy on Social Networking Sites Among Canadian Teenagers“, 2019.
Exchange Ph.D. students
- Ahmed Mahfouz, 2015, Minia University, Egypt.
Exchange Masters Students
- Andrea Cuadros, 2015, “Android Rooting Methods,” Universitat PolitÃ´lcnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
- Fabrizio Monticelli, 2008, “Creation and Evaluation of SQL Injection Security Tools,” IT Innovation Lab of Motion Global, Shanghai, China.
- Dr. Mathias Kohler, 2005, “A Method for Assessing the Trustworthiness of an Entity by Cooperating Authorities,” Researcher at SAP.
Master of Engineering (no thesis)
- Kai X, 2010. Developer at Electronic Arts, Canada.
- Kartik Markandan, 2008, graduation project “A Study of Security Administration Errors,” Analyst with the Government of Canada.
- Ming-Che (Johnson) Tsai, 2006, “SaamViz – Visualizer for SAAM,” Software Engineer with Electronic Arts.
- Johnson Lee, 2006, “Promising Developments in Key Management for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Project Manager, CGTV Games.
- Oliver Zheng, USRA 2009 summer student, Software Development Engineer, Microsoft.
- Levi Stoddard, USRA 2009 summer student.
- André R. Gagné, 2008, Masters student at SFU.
- Jeanette Tsang, 2005, consultant in Security & Privacy team of Deloitte & Touche LLP (London).